CNC Machine Controller Software that Does More
ART ProfileShop 3 is one single software package that can control all manner of cnc machines. It is a windows based touch screen enabled graphical interface that does so much more than your average machine controller. It works in conjunction with a range of dedicated motion controllers boards that can handle up to 8 axes. It also supports all manner of automatic tool changers including Rack, Rotary, Pop-up and Fixed tool changers.
ProfileShop incorporates a machine vision module that can identify and modify cut paths to suit stretched print and cut jobs for signwriters, screen printers etc.
ProfileShop is tool aware. This means that it contains all parameters to operate all tools that it supports. It can run the simplest of NC code and take over all operations automatically.Of course, ToolShop can obey normal M and G codes if your post processor supports all of the advanced functionality available in ProfileShop 3
Some available tooling includes: –
- Tapping only requires the Tool Number and a vertical line in the NC code. All RPM, Feed-rate, Lube, Pecking, Retraction etc. are calculated automatically by Profileshop
- Drilling only requires the Tool Number and a vertical line in the NC code. All RPM, Feed-rate, Lube, Pecking, Retraction are calculated automatically by Profileshop
- Routing only requires the Tool Number and the path in the NC code. All RPM, Feed-rate, Lube, etc. are calculated by Profileshop
- Knife cutting only requires the Tool Number and the cut path. All tangential C axis commands, bevel knife insertion and retraction, lifting at corners, feed-rate etc. are calculated automatically by ProfileShop
- Tangential Saw Cutting only requires the Tool Number and the cut path. All feed-rates, RPM, C axis commands and insertion angles (for angled saw) and lifting at corners are calculated by ProfileShop
- Aggregate tooling is supported as 4 or 5 axis for side drilling, angled milling, 5 axis machining. Supports simultaneous X,Y,Z,A,C axis co-ordinates in nc code
- Rotary B Axis is supported for cylindrical machining in a chuck style application. Supports simultaneous X,Y,Z,B axis co-ordinates in nc code. Can be used in conjunction with 5 axis head.
- Plasma Cutting only requires the Tool Number, Material Type and Thickness and the cut path. All feed-rates, gas types, pierce height, cut height, arc voltage etc. are calculated automatically by ProfileShop
- Laser Cutting only requires the Tool Number, Material Type and Thickness and the cut path. All gas pressures, feed-rates, pierce height, cut height, auto focus, wattage, PWM and more are calculated automatically by ProfileShop
- Water-jet Cutting only requires the Tool Number, Material Type and Thickness, and the cut path. All feed-rates, pump pressures, cut height etc. are automatically calculated by ProfileShop
- Tangential Inkjet Print-head only requires the Tool Number and the Text to print. Also supports multiple line style printing for cut lines, fold lines, arrows, assembly instructions etc. Generates printing along curves or any angled path. Controls print-head rotation automatically. Different width characters also supported. Support for Rea-jet, Matthews and Domino printers
- Laser Digitising is provided for tracing existing patterns or parts. The operator can manually jog the laser over points or arcs and generate an extremely accurate representation of the shapes. Arcs only require end points and a single point along the curve. Continuous curves can easily be plotted.
- Digitising Probe is supported. Simply specify the X,Y,Z Minimum and Maximum coordinates, and the resolution. the machine will automatically and efficiently probe the surface to generate a cloud point file for importing into your modelling software.
Some amazing features: –
- Start/Stop is automatic. The tool will automatically retract after a stop is activated. Pressing Start simply picks up where it left off. Angled bevel knives will retract at the angle of the knife. Taps will unwind automatically when lifting. Aggregate T slot type tools will even retract along the path before lifting.
- Emergency stops are handled with ease. The machine will stop immediately when an E/stop is activated. After resetting the E/stop the machine will then retract to a safe height. Pressing cut again resumes exactly where it left off. Retraction rules for all tools are obeyed.
- Recovering a job half way through is simple. Start at any shape, start at any point along a path, locate the nearest point to the tool and start there. A marker shows on the screen exactly where it will recover when start is pressed.
- All accessories can be controlled through M-codes, but are generally handled automatically. ProfileShop knows the accessory defaults for each tools/material combination and will control vacuum pumps, lubrication nozzles, dust & fume extractors, vacuum hold down sectors as required be each tool.
- Automatic Sheet Loading is supported. ProfileShop controls vacuum cups, pop-up locating pins, conveyors etc. as required
- Vacuum Valves are automated by ProfileShop. It calculated where material is located on the deck of a cnc router and turns the various zones on or off as required. Manual override is provided.
- Dross/Swarf conveyors are automatically turned on when cutting and off after a period of inactivity.
- Automatic File Loading is supported to efficiently work through a batch of nests. Just load the files into a batch folder, tick the Auto Load Next File button and it will cycle through each job automatically.
- Automatic Work-cell Cycling enables the operator to set up automatic cycling between 2 or more work cells. Once a job finishes naturally (without interruption) the machine will cycle to the next fixture location.
- Multiple NC Import Settings means that different file types can have different import settings. some can be absolute, incremental, inch, metric etc. Some can support all file parameters such as feed-rate, RPM etc. while others use the automatically calculated parameters. All parameters not supplied automatically fall back to the defaults for that tool/material combination.
- Wireless Pendant Support enables the operator to get close to the action for setting up jobs, or to monitor machine progress from further away. Safety function locks out Touchscreen operation when pendant in operation